Sunday, June 25, 2017

High School Links from Antie Leila






It's a good idea to combine the historical period with the reading from that period. You can have an integrated curriculum that's much more dynamic.

If you like the curriculum you found, overall, you can always leave off things that don't seem up to par. The main thing, though, is to be sure you don't waste time on a lot of contemporary lit. It's not worth it. This is the time for him to get all the old stuff under his belt.

Here is a curriculum outline that I consulted a lot when my kids were in high school: http://www.trinityschools.org/meadowview/academics/humane-letters/
(My Rosie taught at one of their schools for 3 years, so I am very familiar with their approach). The only thing they lack is the study of Euclid, which I think is very important.

I hope all this helps! 
God bless,
Leila

No comments:

Post a Comment